ifteen years is what it took India
to win back the Asia Cup Title. What better time than this time where the belief of the supporters in the team was in complete doldrums after the defeat in Zimbabwe
. It was the bowling attack that made the difference. Zaheer bowled peach of a delivery to get rid of the dangerous Sangakkara. The ball kissed the top of the stumps while Sangakkara tried to leave the ball. Dilshan’s wicket was very important as he always makes it big when it matters a lot. Nehra didn’t allow Dilshan to trouble at all by claiming his wicket for a duck. Angelo Matthew followed his team mate by giving his wicket to the same bowler at the same score of duck. Nehra applied brakes at the right time and it was too late for the tail enders to guide the Lankan’s to the shore. His 41/4 wrote the script of Indian victory and he also bagged the Man of the Match award
It was clearly seen that Sri Lanka
depends heavily on some of the senior players. The younger lot has to do lots of catching up as the middle order does not seem to provide a solid support.
Dinesh Karthik grabbed the opportunity with both the hands. He replaced injured Viru for this match and scored a brilliant 66 runs at the right time.
This victory is going to be remember
ed for a long time as the eventful match against Pakistan
was also played in the same series.Well played team India. continue the winning streak as we have the big debacle coming up to be played in India- World Cup 2011
Photos: Courtesy: Cricinfo.com
For Men In Blue it seems that the IPL post match party is not yet over. As seen in the IPL
matches, they used to party after the matches got over. It seems that the seriousness has gone for a toss.Let’s start from the top of the order to try and figure out as to what our Blue Brigade is up to.
1) Gautam Gambhir
– Has forgotten that he does not represent any Muhalla or Gully of Delhi. Simple basics like grounding the bat while entering in the crease is hygiene in cricket. For God’s sake, some one please remind him that he represents India.
2) Murali Vijay:
Is cricket all about playing on the slow tracks where ball does not bounce much or is it playing only for CSK is not very clear in case of Murali Vijay. He is supposed to be Test opener for India
3) Suresh Raina:
At least Raina has justified as to why he has been captain for the Tour to Zimbabwe
in absence of the seniors.He carried forward from where he had left behind in the IPL. 4) MS Dhoni:
All the plans are backfiring. MSD is just concerned about lifting the IPL
trophy for CSK
. Life is not going beyond that. A dismal performance for the boys under him is not accepted at all.
5) Rohit Sharma: Why do people have to show dissent on the field? Can they not learn from Sachin Tendulkar to let the bat do the talking?
6) Yuvraj Singh: There is an air of attitude in Yuvraj singh. There’s a thin line in between having attitude and having the desired attitude. He is altogether in a different trip. Does he want to be the captain of the Team? If yes then we are sorry, he does not deserve it. 7) Yusuf Pathan: This bloke needs to come out of performing only at the state level. He has to perform at the national level. He has completely forgotten that he has to take pride and perform for Team India. He just can’t come out of the Rajasthan Royals comfort zone.8) Ravindra Jadeja: What is Ravindra Jadeja doing in the T20 World Cup while he was banned for the IPL matches for all wrong reasons ?Suddenly he fills in the slot of allrounder, dropping catches, getting clobbered for sixes. Do we not have a specialist batsmen or bowler in his place?9) Harbhajan Singh: He has lost the knack of picking wickets or is it too early
to say he has lost his aggression? May be slapping people here and there is the only way he can show the aggression. What has happened to his spin and bounce only he can reply the question.
10) Ashish Nehra: It’s difficult to digest the fact that Ashish Nehra has been recalled. He could not play for Delhi due to injury concerns, straight away he is being picked for T20 WC.Are we left with no options? A bright smile is on offer on his face whenever he gets clobbered. Wow what a body language to have. Is he trying the Australian way? Does he have the fire power to fight back as Aussie does?
11) Vinay Kumar: Question mark on why he was not given a chance to play ahead of Ashish Nehra? Atleast he showed better body language on the ground. Although he got hit all over the park, but he was bowling a good line.
The body language of the entire team was bad. It could be clearly seen in the demeanor of the players. IPL has been over hyped and playing for ‘Big Moohlas’ has been the case for some of the players and they have taken cricket for granted. That’s why time and again it’s said that Test match is the real test of character.