For Men In Blue it seems that the IPL post match party is not yet over. As seen in the IPL matches, they used to party after the matches got over. It seems that the seriousness has gone for a toss.Let’s start from the top of the order to try and figure out as to what our Blue Brigade is up to.
1) Gautam Gambhir
- Has forgotten that he does not represent any Muhalla or Gully of Delhi. Simple basics like grounding the bat while entering in the crease is hygiene in cricket. For God’s sake, some one please remind him that he represents India.
2) Murali Vijay:
Is cricket all about playing on the slow tracks where ball does not bounce much or is it playing only for CSK is not very clear in case of Murali Vijay. He is supposed to be Test opener for India
3) Suresh Raina:
At least Raina has justified as to why he has been captain for the Tour to Zimbabwe
in absence of the seniors.He carried forward from where he had left behind in the IPL. 4) MS Dhoni:
All the plans are backfiring. MSD is just concerned about lifting the IPL
trophy for CSK
. Life is not going beyond that. A dismal performance for the boys under him is not accepted at all.
5) Rohit Sharma: Why do people have to show dissent on the field? Can they not learn from Sachin Tendulkar to let the bat do the talking?
6) Yuvraj Singh: There is an air of attitude in Yuvraj singh. There’s a thin line in between having attitude and having the desired attitude. He is altogether in a different trip. Does he want to be the captain of the Team? If yes then we are sorry, he does not deserve it. 7) Yusuf Pathan: This bloke needs to come out of performing only at the state level. He has to perform at the national level. He has completely forgotten that he has to take pride and perform for Team India. He just can’t come out of the Rajasthan Royals comfort zone.8) Ravindra Jadeja: What is Ravindra Jadeja doing in the T20 World Cup while he was banned for the IPL matches for all wrong reasons ?Suddenly he fills in the slot of allrounder, dropping catches, getting clobbered for sixes. Do we not have a specialist batsmen or bowler in his place?9) Harbhajan Singh: He has lost the knack of picking wickets or is it too early
to say he has lost his aggression? May be slapping people here and there is the only way he can show the aggression. What has happened to his spin and bounce only he can reply the question.
10) Ashish Nehra: It’s difficult to digest the fact that Ashish Nehra has been recalled. He could not play for Delhi due to injury concerns, straight away he is being picked for T20 WC.Are we left with no options? A bright smile is on offer on his face whenever he gets clobbered. Wow what a body language to have. Is he trying the Australian way? Does he have the fire power to fight back as Aussie does?
11) Vinay Kumar: Question mark on why he was not given a chance to play ahead of Ashish Nehra? Atleast he showed better body language on the ground. Although he got hit all over the park, but he was bowling a good line.
The body language of the entire team was bad. It could be clearly seen in the demeanor of the players. IPL has been over hyped and playing for ‘Big Moohlas’ has been the case for some of the players and they have taken cricket for granted. That’s why time and again it’s said that Test match is the real test of character.
After the super exciting round of the matches in the IPL, there were three occasions where the contest was Shams Vs Wags. After some close matches, Shams turned out to be the eventual winner as CKS beat MI in the finals. ” We could not gift Sachin the IPL Trophy as his birthday present. Nevertheless Well Played CSK” says Wags.
It may well look like the IPL
has killed the excitement levels for the T20 World Cup. The T20 world cup does not seem to have the following as one had for IPL
. The venue could be the major reason or may be it could be an over dose of cricket. Moreover the outfields are on the slower side.
The Men in Blue seem to be the favorite and strong both on papers and on field. Suresh Raina has started from where he had ended in the IPL
. His blitzkrieg knock of 101 in the match against the Proteas proves that he is made of the steel mettle. He is a live wire in the outfield and it looks as if the ball follows him and he does not like the sight of the ball passing by him. Team India
has made its way in the Super 8s and hope this time we win the T20 World Cup.
Second time in a row Pakistan have stormed into the finals of the T-20 World Cup.
Last time around it was agaist India that they lost the nail biting finals.Time and again they have proved that they are the most unpredictable team.
Losing big matches has been the fate of South Africa, and this translates into a fact that they are not the big match players.They are not just able to enter the final of any format of the world cup.
Out of all the test playing nations,Pakistan was the only team that did not participate in the IPL T20.May be that colud be the reason that the players are hungry and raring to go for the final.
So it colud be against West Indies or Srilanka that the Pakistan will have to give their final shot on this Great Sunday!!
Which team are you supporting??
The current ICC-T20 has not been as interesting as one would have thought to be.
Australia could not make to the Super 8’s.India is already out of the tournament.
Pakistan made a late back door entry by playing some superb cricket.
South Africa and WEst nidies could be the eventual winners.
The indian team has showed some dismal performance in the tournamemt which has proved to be very costly.
The Indians started as favorites as the players were in top form during the IPL-T20.
The success and fame in the IPL-T20 has a major role towards such bad performance in the T20. The players got carried away. Big moolah is in the minds rather than cricket.
Buck up Indians- What if we could not do better in ICC- T20 World Cup, we have the West Indies Tour ahead.. Make amends Men In Blue!!